Top Reasons to Visit Dr. Katie Vo for Traditional Braces
- Dr. Vo’s staff includes only highly trained orthodontic professionals
- Texas Family Orthodontics proudly serves patients from throughout the San Antonio, TX area
- Dr. Vo’s fees are reasonable and competitive with other orthodontic practices in the San Antonio, TX area
What You Should Know about Traditional Braces
There’s a very good reason why traditional braces have been used by dentists and orthodontists all around the world for many, many years – traditional braces are an extremely effective way to straighten teeth. Today’s traditional braces include a small metal bracket that is glued to the front of each tooth, with the old-fashioned type of band typically only used for molars. You may envision gray metal when you think of traditional braces, but Dr. Vo offers patients either silver or golden-colored braces. Most of the time, patients will need to wear either metal tie wires or rubber bands called a ligatures to hold the arch wire onto the bracket. Ligatures come in a wide variety of colors, allowing patients to express their own individuality while their teeth are being straightened.
Dr. Vo also offers patients the option of traditional braces with ceramic brackets made of composite materials. Ceramic braces are also extremely durable, don’t stain, and are much less noticeable than metal braces.
To get quicker results and shorten your orthodontic treatment time, be sure to ask us about Propel® Orthodontics.
Why Traditional Braces May Be the Best Choice for You
Although orthodontic technology has made great advancements over the past few years, traditional braces still offer patients many benefits, including the following:
- Typically, traditional braces are less expensive than other types of braces
- Because traditional braces are extremely effective, the patient usually doesn’t have to wear them for as long as some other types of braces
- Traditional braces are extremely strong and durable – much more so than some other types
- Although metal braces can irritate gums at first, ceramic brackets offer patients a more comfortable alternative
Contact Texas Family Orthodontics Today
For more information about traditional braces, or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Vo, contact our San Antonio, TX office today at (210) 256-9767. Find out why traditional braces may be a great choice for you or a member of your family!