Top Reasons to Visit Dr. Katie Vo for Laser Contouring:
- Laser contouring can dramatically improve the appearance of your smile
- Dr. Vo and her trained staff are proud to serve patients from throughout the San Antonio, TX area
- The fees charged by Texas Family Orthodontics are reasonable and competitive with other orthodontic practices in this area
Important Information about Laser Contouring
If you suffer from impacted teeth or gums that negatively impact the appearance of your smile, laser contouring could be the answer. The procedures involves use of a diode laser to recontour gum tissue. The laser allows Dr. Vo to make precision cuts in the tissue, while at the same time greatly reducing the chances of bleeding or infection. The gums heal very quickly, and the procedure is relatively quick and nearly painless.
After the procedure is completed, the gums may bleed a small amount during brushing for the first couple of days, and the affected area may appear a little red, but those aftereffects subside very quickly. In fact gums that have undergone laser contouring usually heal completely in a matter of days.
Are You a Candidate for Laser Contouring?
If you have any of the following conditions, Dr. Vo may recommend laser contouring:
- Impacted teeth: Impacted teeth are those that don’t grow completely through the gum tissue. Laser contouring is an excellent choice for shallow impactions.
- Frenectomy: The frenum is the tissue that connects the gums to the upper lip. Some people suffer from a frenum that is either too bulky or attaches too low. Laser contouring can be used in a frenectomy procedure to reduce excessive frenum tissue.
- Excessive gums: People with gums that extend too far down on the upper front teeth are often said to have a “gummy smile.” Thanks to laser contouring, this situation can be easily remedied, and can dramatically improve the appearance of the patient’s smile.
Contact Texas Family Orthodontics Today
For more information about laser contouring, or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Vo, contact our San Antonio office today at (210) 256-9767. Dr. Vo would be glad to consult with you and help you decide whether laser contouring is right for you.